- Do worry, apprehension, or dread seem to be getting in the way of enjoying your life?
- Are you feeling restless, irritable, or on edge?
- Do you feel tired, tense, nauseous or short of breath?
- Have you been experiencing difficulty concentrating or sleeping?
Anxiety is a very common issue – with more than 3 million cases in the US per year. Most people experience anxiety in some form or another. However, when anxiety is out of proportion to the events it is related to and you experience it as interfering with your daily functioning, it is wise to ask for help to reduce further unnecessary suffering. Anxiety therapy can be helpful in getting to the root of these symptoms — learning to lead a balanced life, to feel more relaxed and at ease, and to have more fun in your life.
Examples of anxiety disorders include the following:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Social anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Adjustment disorder with anxiety
These examples demonstrate a range of ways anxiety can manifest from chronic to acute. Whatever kinds of anxiety you are experiencing, know that help is available. Anxiety therapy can help you address ways that you limited or stuck, and bring about relief and positive changes in your life circumstances.
Anxiety treatment can consist of:
- Examining ways to enhance your self-care
- Considering and/or supporting medication to alleviate symptoms
- Receiving therapy that includes stress reduction and meditation
With over 15 years of experience as a counselor, I have helped many clients struggling with anxiety to decrease its overall level, frequency and intensity, and to resolve any core conflicts that may be at its source. As an anxiety counselor, I work collaboratively with you to enhance your ability to effectively handle the full variety of life’s anxieties.